Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ricky Martin is Gay

ricky_martin_gay
I was never much of Ricky Martin fan back in the late 90s and early 2000s, but because I love to dance, I always appreciated the fast paced beats that came from his music. I'm half Peruvian and thought it was cool to see another Latino guy in the limelight of American Pop Top 40 music. Just like when it came to Lance Bass and forcefully watching endless performances of *NSYNC, because of my older sister's obsession with them, I always suspected Ricky Martin was gay, but never really thought anything of it.
Well much to everyone's surprise (sarcasm) and following the likes of other male pop stars like Lance Bass and Clay Aiken, Ricky publicly admitted Monday on his website that he is gay, confirming years of rumors. What does this mean to me? Nothing. Why should I care about this? I don't, really. I'm just glad that he's being honest and true with not only the world, but most importantly himself. Lastly, why am I blogging about this? In hopes that this post will get me more hits and a few extra dollars from Google AdSense and people visiting my blog, to be completely honest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment